The Bonny Slope Community Organization proudly sponsors and supports the majority of the student enrichment programs for students at Bonny Slope. Fundraising dollars support the arts, author visits, science classes, technology purchases, and direct classroom support. Details of our fundraisers are as follows:
The Jog-a-Thon is Bonny Slope's fall FUNdraiser* at and is comprised primarily of small donations collected by participating students. This event takes place rain or shine. Students will have 20 minutes to walk, jog, or run as many laps as they can on the outdoor track. This is a fun event, promotes wellness, and students have the opportunity to win some great prizes.
Three methods to FUNdraise for the 2016 Jog-a-Thon to be held on October 7nd:
- Bonny Slope Pledgestar webpage: Enter your name and email address, then click Register. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Envelope: collect pledges and then, after Jog-a-Thon, return to collect donations. (Pledge Form, Tax Receipt Form)
- Many companies provide Matching Funds for donations to BSCO. Please see below for details.
2016 Jog-a-Thon sponsors: Doug Bergmann/John L. Scott Real Estate
* BSCO's fundraising schedule: Jog-a-Thon in the fall, Auction in the winter and Bridge the Gap, if needed, in the Spring.
In winter, we hold our second major fundraiser. The 2017 Bobcat Soireè and Auction, Vegas Baby, held April 22, 2017, is an opportunity to come together and celebrate as a community in a fun, social setting as well as raise money for BSCO programs. Items up for auction include big ticket items, small ticket items and excursions planned by teachers and staff members. All of the profits directly benefit BSCO programs. The Bobcat Soiree' is an adults-only evening event.
2017 Auction sponsored by: Noyes Development Co. • Renee Harper / ELEETE Real Estate • Cushman & Wakefield • Dwight & Jan McDuffee • Cable Huston • Cedar Mill Chiropractic • Cook Security Group • Fortis Construction Inc. • Glass Tech • H. Alexander Go, D.M.D Family & Cosmetic Dentistry • Miles Rusth / Summit Mortgage • Northwest Women's Clinic • Karina Stark Team / Keller Williams Realty • Talent Finders • VillaSport • Walsh Construction Co. • Widman Immigration • World of Smiles Pediatric Dentistry • 3 Mountains Plumbing • Ron Tonkin Acura • French American International School • Providence Health & Services • Beaverton Toyota • Downtown Dental Associates • Everett Street Autoworks • Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance • Peninsula Insurance, Division of Timmco Insurance • Prince of Peace School • Sunset Science Park Federal Credit Union • Pacific Continental Bank • Walker Garbage Service
Bridge The Gap (formerly Write-A-Check)
Our spring fundraiser is where you simply write a check or donate online to the BSCO. Based on community feedback, we are keeping it plain and simple and will not ask your child to sell wrapping paper, cookie dough or wreaths. Instead, every donation will go directly to BSCO's programs. These donations are tax deductible and many companies will provide matching funds. All donation information is strictly confidential. This program provides a simple, easy, no-fuss way to contribute and is only held if Jog-a-Thon and Auction don't fulfill our budgetary needs.
Many local employers provide matching funds for donations to BSCO. Below is a partial list of companies (some with links) that have matched eligible donations in the past. The list is not comprehensive. Please check with your human resources department to find out if your company matches employee donations to non-profits. Please contact our Matching Funds Coordinator if you would like to provide additional information or find an error about your company’s matching program.
- Columbia Sportswear: 100% match (up to $1000/year) must be requested by employee. Click here for details.
- FEI: 100% match (up to $200 year). Employee must fill out a request and submit to the Matching Funds Coordinator.
- Intel: 100% match (up to $5000/year) and matching funds for volunteer hours. Must be requested by employee. Click here for details.
- Mentor Graphics: 100% match
- Motorola: 100% match
- Nike: 100% match and matching funds for volunteer hours. Must be requested by employee. Click here for details.
- Symantec: 100% match, employee must download a form from the company intranet and have the Matching Funds Coordinator verify.
The Boxtops 4 Education fundraiser works by families buying everyday items then clipping the box top from the package. For a list of current products visit Boxtops 4 Education web site. Send the box tops to school in a baggie with your student and have them drop off the box tops at the collection box by the entrance of the school.
The BSCO Coordinator will then collect all the Box Tops and send them in. Our school receives $0.10 per each box top. Throughout the school year, the BSCO Coordinator also tracks the number of box tops per classroom and the winning classroom receives a treat.
Where the money goes
For a breakdown of how money is allocated, check out the operating budget under BSCO Business.