Our 11th Annual Jog-A-Thon is off to a running start! This school-wide event promotes fun and fitness while raising funds for BSCO’s annual budget. Students will solicit pledges/donations, then run, jog, or walk their way to the finish line on Friday, October 5th. The money raised supports programs that directly enrich students' education and experience here at Bonny Slope.
With the success of last year’s Jog-A-Thon, we will keep with the theme “Running Around the World.” Each classroom will be assigned a country or region and will learn about that country or region in the classroom. The Cultural Richness committee is planning some fun and educational experiences for all grades. Every classroom will have a designated shirt color.
The Parent information booklet (blue) went home last Friday in each student’s backpack. In it you will find information on Pledgestar, FAQ, prize list, and classroom country list for each teacher. Below you will find important information to get you started.
Students may start soliciting pledges today! There are two methods to raise money. Choose the most convenient method or feel free to utilize both.
1. Online Method:
Build a quick, simple, and secure online fundraising page through http://pledgestar.com/bonnyslope. *EASY ONLINE PLATFORM! After several easy steps, parents and students will be able to email, Facebook, and Twitter their page to friends and family. Create pages early to be entered into a weekly prize raffle. (Note: If all your pledges happen to be online, bringing in the envelope is optional.)
2. Envelope Method:
Students solicit pledges and then collect them in the JAT envelope. Each sponsor should write their name, pledge per lap, and maximum pledge on the attached envelope.
If the sponsor would like a tax receipt, the student should fill out the receipt (donation amount and date) and give it to the sponsor immediately. 2018 Tax receipt forms are found here. (Our apologies, the receipts in the blue packet have the wrong date on them.) Students may also collect flat donations in advance, but should keep the money and the pledge envelope until after the event. Envelopes need to be turned in by Tuesday, October 16, 2018 to be eligible for prizes.
Envelope: collect pledges and then, after Jog-a-Thon, return to collect donations.
- Many companies provide Matching Funds for donations to BSCO. Please see below for details.
- More Questions? Angie Bruxer,Hayley Drimmel, Christa Meyer, and Regina Noonan at email@example.com.
Maximizing your company’s matching funds is an important aspect of BSCO’s fundraising. Please visit http://www.bonnyslopebsco.org/fundraising for a list of local gift matching programs. This is an incredible way double our goal!!
- If 85% of our student body participates AT ANY LEVEL, Bonny Slope earns a GLOW IN THE DARK DANCE PARTY with a live DJ! ANY amount of donation is considered participation!
- If 90% of the student body participates AT ANY LEVEL 90% participation- Mrs. Maza and Mrs. Montelongo will dye their hair PURPLE!!!
- Classrooms 85% participation: All class donut party (during school hours)
- $50+ Mini Animal Squishy
- $150+ Golly-Ology Juggling OMSI show- Tuesday 10/23 from 7:20-8:20 am.
- $300+ Game truck and Pizza party- TBD, during lunch/recess
- Top "lappers" for each grade get a special prize.
- Weekly raffles for all of those who sign up for Pledgestar!
Volunteers are crucial to the success of the Jog-A-Thon. This is such a fun event to watch your child run/walk and help the event run smoothly. Look for an upcoming sign up to arrive in the next few weeks. *Please note: A background check via the mVP system is required to volunteer/visit during school hours. Please allow 1-2 weeks for the background check to process.
Contact Angie Bruxer, Hayley Drimmel, Regina Noonan, and Christa Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org