Last Saturday, more than 650 people from the Bonny Slope community attended the Annual 5th Grade Pancake Breakfast. It was a collective effort led by the BSE fifth graders, parent volunteers, and BSE staff to raise money for Mazamas Mountain Science School. The event was a huge success and brought in more than $5000.
We would like to thank the following people:
- 5th Graders - You hit the streets running and made call downs to sell individual and family tickets, ensuring the event was well attended. You arrived early Saturday morning excited and willing to help. Your order taking skills were impressive, along with your ability to steer carts full of apple juice with minimum spillage.
- Parent Volunteers - This event was possible because of YOU and your support. From picking up 80 pounds of pancake mix to going on a late-night butter run to working the griddles the day of the event in red aprons, rubber gloves, and smiles. You made this fun for all.
- BSE Staff - Especially Telia Rusin and Jeff Buck! You arrived early, stayed late, and ensured things ran smoothly. There is no other way we could have kept 1400 sausage links hot for 3 hours.
- Fifth Grade Teachers - You were such good sports in donning chef hats, bow ties, and clown noses for an entire. school. day - and encouraging kids to participate in the event. We appreciate your willing spirits.
- Community - You graciously attended and supported the pancake breakfast.
- Sponsors - You provided the donations to help create success! Thank you to Bales, Costco, Market of Choice, Safeway, Starbucks, Trader Joe’s, and Winco. A special shout-out to parent sponsor, Sydney Keister of Eleete Real Estate (503) 730-0936, who ensured we incurred zero procurement costs!
We received many compliments from parents and community members regarding how impressed they were with all of the 5th grade students. They were great representatives of the spirit of Bonny Slope Elementary School and we feel privileged that we had the opportunity to work alongside them.
Megan O’Malley Cook and Leigh Havelick
BSCO Pancake Breakfast Co-chairs