Auction Sign-up Party Myths DEBUNKED
Every year, the sign-up parties/experiences are one of the most popular and successful components of the Auction fundraiser. These fun and diverse experiences are made possible BY YOU– hosted, organized, and attended by Bonny Slope parents.
Read on for some serious truths surrounding Auction sign-up parties and experiences.
Auction parties/experiences can be a small affair.
The host or hosts choose the number of attendees, so an Auction experience can be as few as 10 or over 40. YOU, as the host, tell US how many you intend to have at your party.
Hosting a party can cost a reasonable amount of money.
You don’t need to spend an exorbitant amount of money to host an Auction party. In order to keep it manageable, consider finding three to five friends to host with you or choosing a theme/experience that doesn’t have a lot of overhead, such as:
- Game Night (kids or couples)
- A group hike through Forest Park or the Forest Height trails
- Kids bingo (using BSCO’s bingo boards)
Sign-up parties can involve dads and couples.
Parties and experiences are more than just for moms. In fact, couples and dads are welcome! Have you thought about these for just the guys…
- A foosball tournament
- English Premier Soccer viewing party
- A Super Bowl party
- A Dad’s Game Truck experience
- Dodgeball or Kickball game
- Disc Golf
Or possibly these for a group of fun couples:
- Murder Mystery
- Escape Room
- Trivia Night
- Game Night (adults only)
- Wine tour
- Top Golf
Parties don’t have to include alcohol.
In fact, we are looking for more kid and family friendly experiences. If you are considering hosting a kid party, think fun birthday party themes. Here are a few thoughts:
- Cookie Decorating
- Nerf Battle
- Game truck (for kids)
- Junior Olympics
- Ice Cream Social
- Pancakes & Pajamas
- Doughnuts With Dad
- Game Night (Apples to Apples, Charades, Pictionary, etc)
- Bunco (for kids)
Parties can have a cultural spin.
Hosting an Auction party is an excellent way to share your cultural tradition with either kids, adults, or both. Ideas include:
- Sushi Rolling
- Japanese Tea Party
- Chinese New Year
- Diwali Craft Party (for kids)
- Curry Cooking class (for adults)
- Crepes & Champagne
Unsure of how it all works? Follow these steps to host an Auction party or experience.
- Find two to four other hosts. Shoot an email out to your friends and see who else is interested. It’s usually more fun to host with people you know, but we can always try and connect you to other interested parents.
- Decide on the theme or experience. Your party doesn’t need to be elaborate, but it should have a fun hook or theme that we can advertise. Do you want just moms, couples, families, or just kids?
- Contact the Auction Sign-up Party Team to iron out the details like the date, number of attendees, and admission price. Hannah D., Jenna D., and Kelly K., can help you sort out the details. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process. All parties need to be finalized by 4/1 in order to be included in the Auction program.
At the BSE Auction, attendees purchase a spot in one or many of these events. Any leftover spots are sold online after the Auction. Closer to the party, an evite will be sent to everyone who purchased admission and great fun and memories will be had by all!
Why is it awesome to host an Auction experience?
We’ve got three reasons for you:
- It’s tax-deductible. Any expenses accrued from hosting this party is considered a donation to BSCO. Therefore, hosts can itemize their costs (up to the amount their party raised).
- They’re fun. Hosts have freedom to create an experience that matches their style and are a great way for parents or kids to have a great time hanging out with other members of the Bonny Slope community.
- You meet new people. Busy lives make it difficult to get out there and meet your neighbors. The faces you see at BSE will orbit your world for quite possibly the next decade. Hosting an Auction experience helps us all take that one step closer to building friendships and lasting memories.
If you're interested in being apart of this fun and wildly successful fundraiser, or have questions, contact the Auction Party Sign-up Team (email@example.com). We welcome your involvement in any capacity!