As 2017 quickly comes to a close, the immense time, energy, and commitment to excellence of our Bonny Slope community has not gone unnoticed. A sincere thank you is due to the many donors, volunteers, and committee leads that made the following BSCO events possible so far this school year.
- August Playground Playdates
- Back to School Picnic/Welcome Coffee
- Jog-a-thon "Running Around the World"
- Parent Ed Evenings (Tantrums and Meltdowns)
- Fall Community Garden Clean-up
- Community Outreach (Clothes Closet, Candy for the Troops & Canned Goods drive)
- Author Visit (Nick Bruel)
- Monster Mash
- Book Fair
- Walk to School Day
- First-Ever Family Movie Night (Cars 3)
In addition, members of the Bonny Slope community have funded and organized the following student enrichment opportunities, bringing these valuable programs to every student year round.
- Art Literacy
- Bobcat Trail (every Monday & Thursday mornings at 8am)
- Coder in Residence
- Geography Club (1st through 5th grade)
- Oregon Battle of the Books (4th and 5th grade)
Finally, your generous BSCO donation provides much-needed and valuable classroom assistance to every teacher at Bonny Slope. Here are the various ways that BSCO donations have manifested in both teacher and curriculum support.
- Staff Appreciation-- provides meals and goodies to our staff room year-round
- Teacher Fund-- every classroom teacher & specialist is given $450 to use for their classroom needs
- Teacher Grant-- a fund set-aside for the explicit use of teachers and staff at BSE who need support to provide innovative projects or programs to their classroom
- Mature Grants-- annually funded BSE traditions, such as fifth grade’s Newbery Book Clubs, Kindergarten’s Naturemobile, and first grade’s Living Things unit
- Science Enrichment-- provides every grade level with needed funds to purchase hands-on science supplies
- PYP Support-- allows teachers to bulk up and improve the IB units within each classroom
Many more exciting BSCO events are on deck for 2018, including:
- Parent Ed Evening “Connected Communication” (Wednesday 1/10)
- Pancake Breakfast (Saturday, 1/20)
- Parent Ed Evening “Executive Functioning & the Pre-Middle School Transition” (Tuesday, 3/6)
- Science Fair (Friday, 3/16)
- Auction (Saturday, 4/21)
- Carnival (Friday, 6/1)
All of these opportunities are made possible BY YOU, Bonny Slope. Thank you for your continued support of our children. We look forward to a fun and successful 2018.