Our Seventh Annual Jog-A-Thon is a just around the corner, set for May 15th, 2015! The Jog-A-Thon is a school-wide event promoting fun and fitness while raising essential funds for our school. Students will solicit pledges/donations, then run, jog, or walk their way to the finish line. The money raised will support programs that directly enrich students' education. The Science Fair, Artist in Residence, Geography Club, Bobcat Trail Running Club, and the Community Garden are some of the programs and events made possible by the Jog-A-Thon.
Students can start soliciting pledges today! There are two methods to raise money. Choose the most convenient method or feel free to utilize both.
- Online Method: Build a quick, simple, and secure online fundraising page through www.firstgiving.com. After several easy steps, parents and students will be able to email, Facebook, and Twitter their page to friends and family. Students are able to monitor their individual donations as well as their class (or team) donations in real-time. Please see the attached flyer to create your personal fundraising page. Note: Each fundraising page requires a unique email address, so if you are creating a page for more than one child, multiple emails are required. Create pages early to be entered into weekly prize raffles.
- Envelope Method: Students solicit pledges and then collect them on the attached form. Each sponsor should write their own name, pledge per lap, and maximum pledge. If the sponsor would like a tax receipt, the student should fill out the receipt (donation amount and date) and give it to the sponsor immediately. Tax receipt forms are attached. Students may also collect flat donations in advance, but should keep the money and the pledge envelope until after the event. Please do not return envelopes before May 18.
Volunteers are crucial to the success of the Jog-A-Thon! Please sign up for a shift today.
On the day of the event, each class will run, jog, or walk for 20 minutes during a specified time period on our field. There are approximately six laps per mile. Each participant will be issued a bib that will be marked each time the student reaches the starting point, keeping track of the number of laps completed.
Upon completion of the Jog-A-Thon, students will take home their lap bibs as a record of how many laps they completed. Students may then collect outstanding pledges.
Run, Jog, or Walk! Students are encouraged to do their best and have a great time! Rain or Shine! This event will take place regardless of the weather. Participants are encouraged to wear hats and sunscreen if it’s sunny or bring rain gear if it’s rainy.
Please note, Matching Funds are an invaluable resource to help maximize your contribution and maintain the enriching programs of BSCO; however, they do not count toward overall dollar amounts for individual prize awards. If you have questions regarding Matching Funds, please contact the Matching Funds Coordinator, Currië Reese.
- Every participant receives One Kid’s Meal at Outback Steakhouse
- Raising $50-$149: Jog-A-Thon Drawstring Bag (plus prize above)
- Raising $150-$299: Jog-A-Thon Beachball (plus prizes above)
- Raising $300-$449: Assembly with Rhys Thomas of JuggleMania (plus prizes above)
- Raising $450+: Bowling, Pizza, & Video Game Party at Sunset Lanes (plus all prizes above!)
- Most Laps (Girl and Boy from Each Grade): Nike Elite Socks
- If the school earns more than $25,000, Mrs. Maza will host a Pajama Day/Read In! The class that earns the most money will win an extra BRAIN BREAK with ice cream.
Winners will be announced the week of May 25th.
A special thanks to Jog-a-Thon sponsors: