Our goal is to provide students opportunities outside the classroom for intellectual, academic and social development with programs and clubs that appeal to a broad variety of interests and ages.
WINTER 2014 CLASSES
Winter After School Programs – Registration Open December 6th. After a very successful Fall Program, the Bonny Slope After School Classes are again offering enrichment classes open to all students for the Winter term.
As part of the After School Classes, we are also offering a new BEFORE School Fitness Class. The BSCO has been very lucky in getting a grant to start this program in partnership with PlayFitFun. The program will run on Tuesday mornings from 7.40am to 8.15am and promises to be a fun way to keep your kids interested in staying fit!
FULL PROGRAM DETAILS:
Please Click here for flyers* for the all the Winter Term Classes with descriptions, details on registration, and fees or click on the links below.
When selecting classes and clubs, remember:
- Registration for each is different. Please complete the individual forms and return as indicated on each form no later than September 20th 2013.
- Early registration is recommended to ensure a spot for your child.
- In fairness to all enrolled students, make choices that match your child’s commitment, attention and enthusiasm.
- Children must be preregistered in order to attend the first session.
- After school programs are only open to students currently attending Bonny Slope Elementary.
This term we are offering the following classes:
BRICKS FOR KIDS: Register online at www.bricks4kidz.com/wacounty
HEARTSONG YOGA FOR KIDS: Register online at www.yogaheartsong.com
SOCCER SHOTS: Register online at www.soccershots.org/pdx
LEARN TO DRAW: For more information visit www.randyemberlin.com
ENGINEERING FOR KIDS – GAME DESIGN: Register online at www.EngineeringForKids.net/location/PortlandMetro
BONNY SLOPE RACKET SPORTS CLUB: For more information and registration email Cheryl Wardell at email@example.com
SPANISH: Register online at www.portlandearlylearning.com
YOUNG REMBRANDTS: Register online at www.youngrembrandts.com
YOUNG PLAYERS: Register online at www.nwcts.org/youngplayers
BOBCAT SKIBUS: Register online at www.bobcatskibus.com/Sign_Up.html
PLAYFITFUN – BEFORE SCHOOL FITNESS: Register online at www.playfitfun.com
NEWS ON THE CHESS CLUB:
We are hoping that sometime during the Winter Term we will be bringing back the Chess Club. We are working on the details now and should have announcement soon.
- Remind children of their enrichment class each week & notify the teacher about the class.
- Remind your children of their going home plan.
- Children must be picked up on-time from the parent pick-up area in front of the school. Alternatively, club leaders can escort Student Stop children to the cafeteria – please indicate that this is what your child will be doing to the club leader.
- Only if you have indicated that your child will be walking or biking home, will your child be released on their own.
- It is extremely important for parents to remind children of their enrichment class each week and to notify the teacher about the class. (A note in the backpack is helpful.)
- A limited number of scholarships are available by submitting a confidential written request to Kim Haskins, Principal, before the registration deadline.
- If you have any questions or comments, please contact: Andy Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We also strongly encourage feedback by completing an Evaluation Form for classes & clubs in which your child(ren) have participated.
FURTHER AFTER SCHOOL OPTIONS
In addition to offering After School Clubs on school premises, the Beaverton School District has numerous other activities and sports available. Click on the links below to learn more.
Youth Activity & Sports Information
Cub Scouts http://www.cpcbsa.org/
Campfire USA http://www.portlandcampfire.org
4H Cubs http://www.extension.oregonstate.edu/washington/4h/index.php
Hockey – Roller http://www.indoorgoals.com/hockey.htm
Hockey – Ice http://www.portlandjrhawks.org
Lacrosse – http://www.sunsetlacrosse.com
Wrestling James Moore: http://email@example.com
A NOTE TO POTENTIAL VENDORS
If you or someone you know is interested in providing an after school program, please contact Andy Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org