The sun is out and summer is oh so close. Here’s a quick wrap-up of our very last principal chat of the year.
New Year Gettin’ Here
The infamous BSD demographer has predicted that Bonny Slope will have a whopping 16 more students next school year. Combined with the overwhelming passage of the Beaverton levy, next year’s classroom lineup is shaping up. Here’s a first look at what to expect in 2018-19:
- Retaining our vice principal! Ali is back, baby!
- Four teachers at every grade
- 24-28 students per class
- Positions to be posted include a special ed teacher (while Mrs. Harris is on leave)
- First day of school to be Monday, 8/27
The only classroom changes known at this point are Jennifer Klingner, from Hiteon Elementary, who will be replacing Leslie Cranell in fifth grade, and Jeff Steindorf (from Five Oaks Middle School) will be joining BSE as our part-time PE teacher.
Other Juicy Tidbits:
- Still room next fall in our Bonny Slope preschool! Various marketing ideas were thrown out as BSE struggles to get the word out to preschoolers living within our boundary.
- Surprised by next year’s school calendar? We vote on three calendars at once, so this time ACTUALLY LOOK before you vote this fall on the next three year cycle.
- The shrubs along the sidewalk on McDaniel are getting a bit out of control. Time to call the county!
- After all that hubbub, early Wednesday release is actually working! Teachers are getting more professional development and more importantly, consistent time to pow-wow with their teaching teams to chat about students and methodology.
- Fifth grade teacher, Robert Vaughn, and one of his fifth grade exhibition groups have connected Bonny Slope with Barnes Elementary, who are in need of some volunteers for their Jog-a-thon on June 8. Side note: Email Jenna (email@example.com) if you are interested.
And that’s a wrap for the year! Thank you to Janet and Ali for these monthly raucous gatherings that rival any book club. Your candor and communication are always appreciated. See you next fall!