Greetings amazing BSE community. The BSCO Board is looking for three officers to fill leadership positions for the 2018-19 BSCO Board, as existing officers roll off their term.
While every position is up for re-election, the two confirmed openings are as follows:
- Directors of Volunteers (usually led by two individuals)
- Director of Committees
While board members are encouraged to serve two years in a position, all positions are elected on an annual basis. As restricted in our bylaws, no member can serve more than two consecutive years in a position. The chart below outlines the responsibilities of each role.
If you are interested in the long-term vision and general attitude, atmosphere and culture of our parent organization, serving on BSCO’s board allows for an incredible amount of input. Specifically, serving on the board allows you to:
- Approve/deny all teacher grants
- Approve/deny budget requests under $1,000
- Direct input into writing BSCO’s annual budget
- Direct input into special projects that exceed the annual budget
- Direct input into scheduling BSCO’s Dates to Remember
- Contribution to the overall goals of the Board – such as this year’s goals of building the volunteer pipeline, smarter giving and increased STEM oriented programs
The time commitment varies between positions, but the minimum requirements are:
- Monthly Board meetings (averaging about 2 hrs each)
- Three community meetings
- Setting-up/picking-up at one Parent Education night per year
- Participation in at least one August playdate or Back to School Night to meet new and returning families
All positions can be done by a working parent. The bulk of all the positions (aside from the meetings) take place online or via email. Additionally, both current members rolling off this Board will still be parents at BSE next year, allowing for an ease of transition where new members can have veteran support to answer questions.
If you are interested in serving on the Board, please complete the online BSCO Board Application Form no later than Friday, April 20, 2018. The 2018-19 ballot slate will be voted on during the final community meeting on Tuesday, May 22. If you have any questions, please email Ashish Gupta, BSCO President, or this year’s nominating committee lead, Doug Bergmann.
POSITION & OFFICIAL DUTIES
DIRECTOR OF VOLUNTEERS
DIRECTOR OF COMMITTEES
Online applications can be found at:
DUE APRIL 20, 2018