We know that our library ‘special’ turns our BSE students into Happy Campers – and this is your chance to make a direct positive impact: every purchase at our 2017 Winter Book Fair benefits the school library. Your attendance and purchase(s) help maintain an expansive selection of good books in our school library, helping cultivate a life-long love of reading across our student body.
We’ve compiled some key information to help you get the most out of your 2017 Winter Scholastic Book Fair experience.
Here’s what you need to know:
- NEW! “All for Books” Classroom Change Collection to Benefit Beaverton Closet
- In addition to the traditional book fair, this year we are hosting an “All for Books” event from January 30 – February 10
- Each classroom will be given an empty jar and kids will be encouraged to bring in spare change to fill the jar.
- The class will use the collected coins to buy Book Fair books, which they will then donate to Beaverton Closet, a non-profit organization that provides clothes, books and other items to vulnerable children in our community.
- The two classrooms with the most change collected at the end of two weeks will each be given $100 to spend on books for their classrooms.
- Start collecting your spare change and send it to school with your student starting Jan. 30!
- Browsing and Shopping Opportunities Aplenty!
- Book Fair Hours:
- Monday, February 13: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 14: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 15: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (FAMILY NIGHT. Treats will be served!)
- Thursday, February 16: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Friday, Febr uary 17: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Students are able to purchase books before school, during their library specials time, at lunchtime recess and after school.
- Prefer to shop online? We’ve got you covered with the Bonny Slope Exclusive Online Book Fair – check it out here.
Tips for a Fantastic Fair
- Volunteer! The Book Fair needs your help. There are plenty of opportunities for parents to get involved – check them out here.
- If your child plans to shop during school hours, please have them bring their book fair bankroll in a baggie or other container so they can transport it to and from school neatly and safely. You might also consider marking your child’s name on the baggie or container in case it gets lost – this makes it easier to return!
Thanks in advance for your support of the Book Fair. And a special shout out to Melissa Gatchell and Cindi Otis for co-chairing this great event!