This amazing community continues to step up year after year to offer their time and talents to our children. BSE offers a wide array of volunteering opportunities, from year-long commitments to one-time, day-of shifts. Your contribution, great or small, is greatly appreciated and valued. Read on to find out more about how you can participate more fully in the BSE community.
STEPS TO VOLUNTEERING
- Fill out the mVP application (which includes a background check) and create your mVP profile, username and password. ALL VOLUNTEERS/VISITORS MUST BE BACKGROUND CHECKED.
- Update preferences and student’s information on mVP.
- Attend a BSE Volunteer Orientation.
Tuesday, September 20
Day Session-- 8:30-9:15am, Cafeteria
Evening Session-- 6-6:45pm, BSE Library
Here is a listing (by time commitment) of the various opportunities available at BSE.
Recurring (year long)
Indicate interest in mVP to join these email lists.
- Geography Club (monthly)
- Bobcat Trail Club (weekly)
- Staff Appreciation
- Library (weekly)
- Production (weekly)
- BSE Garden
- Kindergarten Lunches (kinder families)
Look for sign-up geniuses throughout the year in Paw Prints & BSCO Newsletter. *Many of these are great opportunities for dads and working parents!
- Picture Day-- September 21
- Jog-a-thon-- October 7
- Monster Mash-- October 21
- Pancake Breakfast (5th grade parents)-- November 5
- Vision Screening-- November 16
- Class Parties (Dec. 16, February 14, last week of school)
- Book Fair-- February 13-17 (tentative)
- Artist in Residence
- Science Fair-- April 7
- Carnival-- June 2
- BSE’s Clothes Closet Day-- June 7
- Field Day-- June 16
- 5th Grade Send-off-- June 20
Indicate interest in mVP. Be sure to update your student’s info.
- Class Coordinator
- Classroom Volunteer
- Art Literacy
- Classroom Art Auction Projects
- Class Party Coordinator
- Yearbook Classroom Coordinator
Indicate interest in mVP to help organize these amazing events. *Great for working parents!
- Monster Mash
- Oregon Battle of the Books
- Pancake Breakfast (fifth grade parents)
- Science Fair
- 5th Grade Send-off
Contact BSCO’s Directors of Volunteer Support
Jenna Dornblaser & DeDe Osborne