Last evening in the school library, parents and teachers joined the BSCO Board in discussing the latest goings-on for the Bonny Slope Elementary (BSE) PTO.
A few highlights:
- Principal Janet Maza reported that BSE hired eight new staff members and Vice Principal Ali Montelongo rolled out the new fifth grade leadership program.
- Last year the Community and Board approved a new wall mounted projector for the gym. We are currently 59th on the District's installation wait list.
- The BSCO Board will be reviewing and updating the BSCO by-laws and handbook this year. If you'd like to be involved with this review and tightening internal controls, please contact Hannah Donohue or Elia Freedman, who will be spear-heading this effort.
- Jog-a-Thon is fast approaching! Get your PledgeStar accounts set up today! We are at 25% of students to reach our participation goals.
- Buy your student directory before October 4th.
- If you wish to walk in BSE or volunteer for anything this year, you need to have an mVP account. Sign up today. While you are at it, contact Jenna Dornblaser or DeDe Osborne if you'd like to volunteer as a party coordinator for your child's class.
- BSCO has a full technology load for the 2016-17 school year. 4th and 5th grades each get Chromebooks, 3rd grade Macbooks, and K-2 iPads.
- BSCO's Board completed an internal audit of its 2015-16 financials this summer and, as a reminder, BSCO will be spending down some of last year's carryover this year. Budgets are as expected this early and it looks like technology will be $11,000 under budget as well.
Click here to review the meeting minutes and slides. See you in January!