Bonny Slope’s Oregon Battle of the Books program starts another exciting year. Fourth and fifth grade students will be treated to an OBOB presentation in the library this Wednesday where they will learn more details about the program and how to register.
This fun reading incentive program is completely optional for fourth and fifth graders. Students will participate on their own time and will commit to their team by reading at least five books from the OBOB list.
Parents will need to register their student online this year. Every participating student will need to register. Students have the option of forming their own team or allowing organizers to create their team. ALL INTERESTED STUDENTS will participate in OBOB. Registration closes on Wednesday, 11/9.
The 2016-17 calendar, an FAQ, an instructional video and additional info are all available at www.bonnyslopebsco.org/oregon-battle-of-the-books. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Funding for this program is provided by your generous BSCO donation.
2016-17 OBOB Books
- Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea
- Escaping the Giant Wave by Peg Kehret
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
- Hook’s Revenge by Heidi Schulz
- Joshua Dread by Lee Bacon
- Knucklehead by Jon Scieszka
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Miss Spitfire: Reaching Helen Keller by Sarah Miller
- Quinny and Hopper by Adriana Brad Schanen
- Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary
- Rescue on the Oregon Trail by Kate Messner
- Skateboard Party by Karen English
- Small Steps:The Year I Got Polio by Peg Kehret
- A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd
- Upside-Down Magic by Sarah Mlynowski
- Woof by Spencer Quinn