There are a number of available positions for 2014-2015 school year. Unfortunately if there are not people to run these programs then they may need to be cancelled. Please contact Soo Anderson if interested. Open positions include:
- Classroom enrichment
- Monster Mash
- OBOB Co-Lead
- Artist In Residence
- Community Garden
General responsibilities for most Lead roles include:
- Communications and publicizing their event or committee through PawPrints and BSCO website submissions
- Recruiting committee members. List of interested volunteers provided to Leads through HelpDesk database
- Setting up signupgenius or other volunteer sign up as needed
- Completing District facility use forms if they have an event at the school outside of school hours
- Knowing and working within their committee’s budget and requesting budget increase and/approvals as needed.
- Schedule science classes (OMSI, Audubon Society, MAD Science, etc.) with the teachers.
- Arrangementpayment with BSCO Treasurer.
- Most of this work happens early in the school year.
- Plan event (food carts, decorations, games, concessions, inflatable rental, entertainment, prizes, ticket sales, etc.)
- We are looking at moving this to early September, so much of the planning would be in August.
- Coordinate committee members for planning activities.
- Coordinate set up of booths, signs the night before the event
- Coordinate volunteers for night of event (signupgenius)
- Schedule Sunset HS Key Club to volunteer at event
- Organize dinner for purchase
- Schedule DJ
- Plan a few games and activities
- Decorate school prior to event
- Coordinate volunteers for planning and night of help
- Hannah Donohue has volunteered to co-Lead next year.
- Attend 1/2 hour kick off meeting for students in the fall. Kim Haskins & Library staff to also attend. OBOB Leads will explain the process of how the battles will work and distribute Parent Consent Forms and Information Sheet.
- Collect Parent Consent Forms
- Assist individual students who need to be placed on a team.
- Prepare schedule of battles.
- It is not necessary to read the books, but can be helpful.
- The OBOB Leads will receive 15 sets of questions created by others to use at the battles.
- Battles are held 4 days/week during 4th and 5th Grade recesses and will take approximately 6 weeks, but this can vary depending on the number of teams. Time commitment on battle days would be 11:45am-1:15pm. One parent would ask questions and a 2nd parent would be the timer.
- Track winning teams, update bulletin board & send communication to participant parents.
- Battles will probably need to start in February in order to have a winning team to send to Regional battles in April.
- Distribute OBOB Certificates for all participants.
- Attend Regional battle with winning team. Regional battles are held on Saturdays around the 2nd or 3rd week of April.
- If team wins Regionals, then they will move on to State battles.
- Plan one or two "Dedication Days" for all participants (i.e. pizza party at Friday lunch time).
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
- Plan school-wide program that introduces students to various forms of art.
- Research options for guest artist
- 2014/15 project needs to be simple and one that students take home. It could also be more of a performing art where there is no art to bring home.
- Coordinate artist schedule with each classroom.
- Organize a couple of work parties to maintain the and clean up garden.
- Coordinate garden bed reservations with teachers and/or community member.
- We had an after school spring Garden Club several years ago. This would be an option for whoever leads this committee.